"A New Approach to Revelation" by Tricia Tillin
how the day of atonement Temple service sheds light on the book of revelation: Contents
For the past few months I have been exploring and researching what I could say is "THE KEY TO THE BOOK OF REVELATION", if I was given to hyperbole and self-promotion. I don't propose to speak of what I've found in any grandiose way, yet - for me at least - it has opened my eyes to a book of the bible that contained many confusing and obscure passages.
For all those who feel no need to explore beyond the "received wisdom" of decades of teachers and are content with what they already understand, this article will seem an annoyance I'm sure.
Yet for anyone looking to study the mysterious vision in a way that makes more sense, and in a way that reveals its underlying structure and purpose, what I am about to share might just open the door to understanding.
TABLE OF CONTENTS listing topics in each page. Access the pages individually below.
By the way, please don't feel the need to write to me correcting my "poor English and grammar" - I am British, not American, and there are many differences in the way we write. One word that I use many times during this study is "judgement". That is how people from England spell it! Sorry, but it's true. We don't use the letter Z in words like 'realise' and apologise' and we have the letter U in words such as colour, vapour and valour.
- - Do we need yet another article about Revelation?
- - Evidence examined
- - Why the Day of Atonement?
- - Is this Last Day also the Sabbath Rest?
- - The courts, the gates and the context
- - Seven ages of Church history?
- The Seven Letters as an Overview of Church History (NEW)
- - Preparations and Activities in the Temple
- - John's description and its significance
- - Part One - the seals, martyrs, and more
- - Part Two - silence in heaven!
- The Service Outlined - Part Three - ending the morning service with trumpets and bowls
- Trumpets and Bowls - explaining how they work together as one unit
- The 42 Months - The Atonement Sacrifices
- - Three narrative passages
- - The doors close and the service ends
- - Closing remarks
- - What was Patmos like?
- - Their Historical & Biblical Context (dispensationalist)
- - Which Emperor exiled John to Patmos? ?
- - The late or early date discussion (one of many on the Net) ?
- Revelation written before AD70 - useful page of evidence
- See the book "Before Jerusalem Fell" below [in 'Sources For Further Study'] for a fuller discussion
- Debate on the Date of Revelation, three parts on Youtube
- - Evidence of John's knowledge of the Priesthood and Temple ?
- - Which John wrote the book of Revelation? ?
- Herod's Temple
- - Are they an overview of Church history? [Midnight Cry]
- The Seven Letters to the Churches - my own study on this site.
- The Seven World Days - Theory of human history
- - What exactly does this refer to? [Tyndale Archive]
- - Do John's words indicate history, prophecy or a simple statement of fact?
- - Gems, Breastplate, Temple foundations, Four Living Creatures etc (Major New Series!)
- : YOMA - "The Day" discussed and described in Jewish literature
- : Described in the Jewish Encyclopedia
- : as described by the Temple Institute
- Christian Significance of Yom Kippur (Messianic)
- The Scapegoat or Azazel: Aaron Pinker, Journal of Hebrew Studies
- : as described by the Temple Institute
- : in the First Century Synagogue - by Tim Hegg (2007)
- - Alfred Edersheim (1874)
- - by John and Gloria Ben-Daniel (2003)
- - by Edwin Reynolds (2000) ADVENTIST!
- : and the History of the Apocalypse by Dr Robert D. Luginbill
- - by Samuele Bacchiocchi ADVENTIST
- - book (c) by Kenneth L Gentry Jnr, on the date of Revelation (before AD70)
- Date of the Apocalypse From internal Evidence (1869) by Revd James M. MacDonald, DD, Princetown [Preterist??]
- - Videos
If you are interested, intrigued, confused, or just want to give me some feedback, please e-mail me direct: Contact Page
© 2014 Tricia Tillin-Booth. All rights reserved. Birthpangs Website: http://www.birthpangs.org/ This document is the property of its author and is not to be displayed on other websites, redistributed, sold, reprinted, or reproduced in printed in any other format without permission. Websites may link to this article, if they provide proper title and author information. One copy may be downloaded, stored and/or printed for personal research. All spelling and phraseology is UK English.